There's been a lot of talk about Revlon Photo Ready foundation since it debuted earlier this year, and it's been the talk of the beauty community for a hot minute. In the video I talk in depth about the product but here's my short review:
- Suitable for normal to dry skin types
- Light to medium coverage that is buildable. You will still need to use concealer with this foundation to cover redness, undereye circles, blemishes.
- Leaves a glowing, slightly shimmery look to your skin
- Affordable in North America (Between $12-14, sometimes available BOGO)
- Very light shades are available for fair skinned people.
- pump dispenser is great for ease of use.
- Not suitable for combination and oily skin as the shimmer will enhance the oily look
- The foundation contains micro shimmer particles that probably don't photograph too well with flash so I wouldn't recommend this for flash photo shoots or anything similar
- If you have problem skin, large pores, or acne, I would avoid.
- Very pricey in Europe for drugstore foundation. (+$30 USD in Switzerland)
- Not a very wide shade range.
Overall I like the foundation for myself, but I can see how it isn't for everyone. We only have a measly 5 shades available in Switzerland, the lightest one available here being Shell 03, which is much too yellow and dark on me. I'll be ordering Ivory, the lightest shade, from eBay most likely. I would repurchase this but only from eBay, this is way too expensive for what it is in Switzerland and the shade range is too narrow.